Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tooth

Level two of the travel quest is completed, the Guernsey leg. We are now in Southampton enjoying the comforts of my in-laws house with the camper parked on the driveway outside. Nick is busy fitting various alarms/stereo speakers as I write this. It is a gloriously sunny day and I had to hide indoors for a while cos I could feel myself burning in the garden. I think we will have a BBQ tonight after I've popped to Waitrose for some bits. Waitrose!! Oh it is SO good to be back in the UK. I do love my Waitrose, although I have more of a Lidl's budget these days...

As we were waiting for the ferry at the Gsy check-in a bit of my tooth fell off in my mouth!! How very surprised I was. It felt like a small pebble or bit of grit and then I realised I had a jagged gap that I could feel with my tongue! Well after the novelty wore off of playing with the jaggedy bit with my tongue (which lasted a few hours) I got a bit pissed off that it had happened. Especially as I was onboard the ferry and leaving behind my lovely dentist in Guernsey. Luckily I managed to find a good local practise here and I no longer look like a pirate. It was my first ever filling, he built it up to match the colour of the rest as well! They are so clever these people. I still can't stop running my tongue over the new bit though...

Well I think we are going to do another BBQ tonight, being that it is absolutely glorious and scorching out there.

On Liberation Day we were at a BRILLIANT BBQ party for Laurie's 30th birthday. Gosh we all got drunk and trampolined and allsorts, it was a great send off as most of our Guernsey mates were there. It was a great day and night. Carried on into the wee hours and then Nick & I slept over in the camper so no driving home! Result. It did mean we were around to do the clean up the next morning though. Rachel bought me a Hello Kitty lipstick lolly as a going away present and she got Nick a locust lollipop with an actual real locust in it! Awesome.

No comments: