Friday, March 28, 2008

Raahh and grumps

Nothing is ever easy. Nothing is EVER easy. Nothing, is, ever, easy. NoThInG iS eVeR eAsY. Ne Rien est ever facilement. Nooooothing. Ever. Easy. Is.

So, long and short, it looks like the camper we want is too large/heavy/whatever for me to drive on my paltry Guernsey car licence. Meaning I need some flipping megatron licence to enable me to drive lorries to be able to drive it??? Nick is from England so he automatically can drive lorries and therfore campers, as that is where he learnt to drive. How rubbish!! I wish I had changed my Gsy licence to a UK a few years ago but now they're changed the rules so you can't do that anymore.

I have my first lesson booked for next Tuesday. Raaaaaaaah etc etc. Bit different to the Smart car I'm used to. Nick had called the instructor up before I did and when I spoke to the guy he was like 'your husband tells me you don't even like to drive his 4x4' Cheers! He already has no faith and he hasn't even met me yet. I also need to take the theory test before I can take the practical. DOUBLE cheers. All in a month before we go travelling. The category test I need is for the largest vehicles, big lorries, so that is what I will have to learn to drive!

We have already found a lovely van and don't want to have to get a smaller one so it's either that or Nick does all of the driving. Ha, that is tempting I must say.

Anyway that is one of a series of about 4 fairly large obstacles that are hampering our plans at the moment. The other ones are also an absolute mare, but I can't go into the details on a public blog cos it's to do with finances etc. I just felt the need to vent my spleen here on my blog because that is what it's for. It's all a bit stressful! I can't wait to be on the open road with all this shit outta the way!!

No comments: