Tuesday, March 17, 2009

*~*~*FAIRY GODMOTHER*~*~*

Here are a few pics of Catherine, Damian and their gorgeous little girl, Samantha! She's about 5 weeks old in these photos and as you can see she is already getting to grips with the camera. I went up to see them in Dunham Massey for a few days last week which was really lovely. Their tabby cat Tom was also a complete tart in front of the lens as you can see.

Damian works as the Head Gardener at the National Trust place there and they live in the most wonderful crazy old house, with a menagerie of animals including chickens and chinchillas. Catherine is pretty much the oldest friend I have; when we were little we used to pretend we were Princesses from the planet Zultria and through our teenage years we developed a penchant for Guns N Roses and the film Lost Boys.

Anyway they have wisely (?!) asked me to be Sam's Godmother which is awesome and a first for me. VERY exciting.

In other news we have negotiated a few grand off the house as the drains have all collapsed at the back, and it's pretty much all steam ahead with the trying to buy it thing. Went looking at kitchens in Ikea this afternoon, it was rather overwhelming.

Nick & I are flying to Malaga this Friday for a week. His folks are already out there and staying at a friends villa so we're all going to hang out and get some sunshine. We're going to Calahonda, but where I really really want to go is Granada so that I can visit the Alhumbra Palace. It's kind of a 'must see' for me. I think it's a couple of hours away so that's do-able.

I've started jogging! How about that. Not very far and not very fast and in completely unsensible shoes but nevertheless. I swallowed a fly last time I went out and even that didn't put me off, even though it made me retch. Need to lose a few pounds and generally be a more healthy person so while I'm not working it seems like a good thing to do. Makes me feel all smug and self satisfied saying that I go jogging, I think that's half the reason people do it if I'm honest. I'll most likely give up soon so better enjoy that feeling while it lasts!











No comments: