Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Still as Undecided as a Fat Bird in a Cake Shop Who's Only Allowed To Buy One Thing

ARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DOUBLE AAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Looks like we're buying the house.

We had our offer accepted and went around there yesterday and today with various surveyors/drains people to give quotes and advice. My head it is literally spinning like a jet propelled top from what they said and I still don't know if we're doing the right thing. Thank you guys for all the advice though, I love you all! That sounded cheesy and American but it is true.

The main things about the house is that it either has a) possibly wall tie failure or b) possibly a collapsed drain that has caused cracking and a small amount of subsidence. It has a few cracks on the gable end and it's knowing what those cracks are that is the issue. When the house was flooded last month there was over and inch of water throughout the ground floor so you can imagine the state of the plaster and floors in there. We are either brave or stooopid in believing we are tough enough to take it on.

Nick went up into the very dirty loft around there yesterday and found a very old book on existential philosophy. Maybe I should read it to find out if we're doing the right thing! It seems to be whispering "get a job get a job", it's a feisty little number.

Still it's not 100% that we're doing it but rather than 50/50 I would say it's more like 60/40 for. It's making me feel physically sick with nerves and I nearly vommed the other night which is kind of good as my appetite has been slightly suppresed. Great way to lose weight! No, obviously I don't want to be so stressed that I puke but we made some bad financial decisions last year that ended costing us potentially thousands of pounds and I can't bear the thought that we're being stupid with our money again so I am really, really nervous about it. Still, I pretty much hate all banks as a result so I would rather have our savings tucked away in a property than in a bank at the moment. I think. Interest rates suck arse right now, that's for sure.

No comments: