Tuesday, January 31, 2006

UFO's at the wedding



I guess I'm using this blog as an ideas space for my wedding preparations. Here is a pic of a bowl of lovely fizzy UFO's, which I really want at the wedding but Nick doesn't. I have to convince him that these are both wedding-y and totally appropriate. I really like them and I think they will be a lot of fun. I mean, who doesn't like UFO's? The are edible and can also double up as table decorations, (until they're eaten). Of course if we could get actual UFO's to land in Herm then that would also be cool.

Other ideas include butterflies and bubbles. It does all sound a bit girlie I admit. And becuase it's in a marquis, I want a path of tealights in glass jars leading along the path between the marquis and the hotel (where the loos are) because I remember the last wedding I went to I was stumbling around in my heels in the dark and it was all a bit precarious.

My colour scheme is another problem, Nick needs some convincing. It's going to be chocolate brown bridesmaids and grooms, cream flowers and me with a hot pink bouquet. There will also be a lot of green leaves. It is going to look fantastic but his lordship kicked up a big fuss last night when I told him about this. I KNOW IT WILL LOOK GOOD! He needs to trust me.

2 comments:

Bazlurgan said...

Fizzy UFO! Fizzy UFO!! What a great idea...

Why couldn't I think of something like that for my wedding.

I simply love fizzy UFO's... One of the best sweets ever IMHO.

Sameranda said...

Thankyou!!